maandag 6 januari 2014

How I feel being one of the chosen 1058? What kind of person am I ?

I feel honored to be one of the 1058 that went on to the next selection round.

Eagerly waiting for more information about the interview and further steps that will be taken.

Some might ask me how comes you are chosen and your boyfriend didn't, well I have no idea. Maybe it is because I study Environmental Science as a hobby next to my fulltime job. It's not going exactly well at this moment, I underestimated the full-time working plus studying. But I am not giving up, it might just take some while. Studying shouldn't be a problem at the Mars One training if I get there because that will be kind of my job, training the body and studying.

I am used to doing several things at a time in my life, I have so many interests that I sometimes wish for a timekeeper like Hermione has in the Harry Potter books.

Being a busy, curious and social person just might have made the difference between being chosen and not.
At the moment I am going to fitnessclasses several times a week, I made my study and work-out schedule during my 2 weeks off work so I can start tomorrow with a fresh start.

Next to studying and working-out I enjoy reading books, especially fantasy, I also am a person who needs a creative outlet once in a while so I draw sometimes but for the moment I find cosplaying a satisfying hobby. You can find my cosplaypage on Facebook here : https://www.facebook.com/HellibelCreationCosplay?fref=ts  or my cosplayprofile here if you wish to befriend my cosplayaccount: https://www.facebook.com/hellibel.creation?fref=ts
Making my own costumes, even if they are not perfect because I am only a newbie in sewing stuff, is something that gives me great satisfaction.
Gaming is also a part of my life, especially strategic, simulation, RPG, MMO games. For example World of Warcraft is something I really like to play from time to time. Not everyday (used to play that much) but mostly in a weekend in the evening when I am not off with some friends or have no other plans with my boyfriend.
I am not a person who likes to go to dancings, yes I like to dance but I have no wish to get drunk or whatever or being surrounded by drunk people so mostly I avoid places like that. I more enjoy going to the movies, conventions, amusementparks, weekendtrips, gamenights with monopoly, Magic,  and so on with my friends and family.
Same for traveling, if the money and time allow me to I prefer to travel with backpack into the mountains, forests or just traveling to old cities with a lot of history, because as I am interested in the future I am also interested in the past.

I haven't traveled much yet because of financial reasons but I enjoyed all the places I went: Yorkshire because of the mediƫval feeling in the United Kingdom. Yaszszentlaszlo in Hungary for an environmental camp when I was 15 and Budapest, Florence in Italy and Vinci the birth village of Da Vinci, a complete trip through Montenegro with my backpack till the borders of Albany in the mountains. I felt free and at peace there far away from all the fuzz in the world. Southern France where my boyfriends dad most of his time lives. I haven't left Europe yet and now I am starting a journey to leave to another planet. Most cannot grasp the fact I consider leaving for a one way trip when I haven't even explored all the corners of our own world yet. But although I love history, the future has a stronger call for me to move on than to look back. And working on the first steps of humankind moving onwards in the galaxy starting with colonizing Mars, is something I wish to be part of more than exploring every single corner of Earth, because there are 7 billion people on this planet that can do that. There only a few that can have the honor to explore another planet. I wish to be part of the few that have the honor. To have the chance to be able to say hey I actually am one of the first persons that lived on 2 planets. Half of my life on Earth enjoying it here, studying for leaving to Mars and around my 35/40 ,depends on how much delay there will be, I might leave to live on Mars for maybe another 35/40 years.

Follow your dreams is my advice to everyone, even if it seems impossible. We need our dreams to develop further :).

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten