zondag 12 januari 2014

Migraine a medical condition which is a reason to reject me as a future Mars One astronaut

For the round 2 selection we need to do some medical check-ups.

You cannot be dependent on certain medicine, it was a problem for me and then again not really. I have to take Indural retard mitis every single day in the morning to prevent migraine-attacks. But a bit more than a year ago when I went to the neurologist for my frequent migraines, she told me to take the medicine for a year, if it was better that we could reduce it.

It is better only had one very bad migraine in a year time and a few minor once that were bareable.  So my doctor has started reducing and I should no longer have to take the medicine before the beginning of March. But to be sure I sent a mail to the Mars One selection committee to ask about my migraine. I got the news I had to be completely migraine-free without medication because it's a neurological problem. So I am kind of rejected because I cannot guarrantee to be migraine-free without medicin and even with medicine in the future.

Therefore this dream ended for me. Going to check my doctor Thuesday hoping for some miracle answer like 'you are migrainefree forever' but it is wishfull thinking. Last year my neurologist already told me I would always have migraines just not as frequent after taking the medicine and hopefully stabilized when stopping the medicine.

I was worrying in the beginning about family medical history but it seems my worries of getting to the next round were a bit closer to find.
Probably would have been shut out anyway with the osteoporoses in my family, chance is going to be big I will have it as well when I get older.

Still supporting Mars One though because I really want to see this happen in my lifetime :), never dared to dream of having humans starting a colony on another planet when I would be alive and Mars One changed this :).


Share this link with your family and friends and if you are interested in this project please help them start their first private mission.
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/mars-one-first-private-mars-mission-in-2018

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten